The DRC is glad to welcome back youth rowing this season! The Junior Program is open to all girls and boys, age 13 through the summer after graduation. No previous rowing experience is required. Go to the Junior Program page for more information and to register.
The program begins Monday June 14 and goes through August 15. Practice is Monday – Friday 8:00-10:00 am. First time rowers begin June 14, 10:30-12:00; on June 28 new rowers join the rest of the crew at the 8:00-10:00 time.
Following the USRowing and Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines, some changes have been made to the Junior Rowing Program to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- Rowers will be grouped into pods.
- Pods will have staggered start times. Rowers must be on time because your pod will be relying on you to begin practice.
- Rowers must wear masks while on DRC property and in the boats.
- Rowers will be required to do the COVID-19 check in online at home each day before coming to the boathouse.
- Daily attendance will be taken.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms or are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, PLEASE STAY HOME.
Behavior expectations and guidelines to stop the spread of COVID 19 will be strictly enforced. The DRC strives to ensure a safe environment for all athletes and coaches.
Due to the pandemic, there currently are no summer regattas scheduled, however there are plans for inter-crew competitions.